The Amite County Solid Waste Department oversees residential and commercial trash collection and disposal for areas outside of municipalities. Please contact our office about matters concerning disposal of solid waste, burn bans, and garbage pickup.
Solid Waste Clerk
Amite County Central Repair Facility
720 Industrial Park Road
PO Box 699
Liberty, MS 39645
Office Hours: 7:00 am - 4:00 pm, Monday - Saturday
Solid Waste Fee:
- $ 12.00 monthly
- $ 34.00 quarterly (rate available only if account is current)
- $132.00 annually (rate available only if account is current)
- payment may be made in person during office hours, left in drop box after hours, or mailed
- Once weekly
- Holiday pickup may vary, with changes noticed local papers
- Garbage must be out by 7:00 AM to insure pickup
- Only household garbage will be picked up
- Any harmful materials such as glass, sticks, metal, building materials, etc. will not be picked up and must be brought to the transfer station
Regular Pickup Schedule:
- Monday-the southeastern part of the county, including Hwys. 584, 568, 24 E. & the Gillsburg area
- Tuesday-the northeastern part of the county, including Hwys. 569 N., 570, 98 & towards the Pike & Lincoln Co. lines
- Wednesday-the southwestern part of the county, including Hwys. 569 S., 48, 24 W., the Centreville area & west part of Gloster
- Thursday-the northwestern part of the county, including Hwys. 33 N., 567 & north Liberty
- Friday-south Liberty
Solid Waste Transfer Stations
Liberty Solid Waste Transfer Station
437 Industrial Park Rd.
Hours: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM, Monday – Saturday
Gloster Solid Waste Transfer Station
1763 Georgia Pacific Rd. #2
Hours: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM, Monday, Thursday & Friday
Allowed Waste: household garbage, appliances, building materials, etc.
Disallowed Waste: harmful materials, such as liquid paint, butane/propane tanks, asbestos, etc.